The New Diabetes Diet is healthiest for everyone – even if you don’t have diabetes. Recent studies spotlight updated diabetes-appropriate meal plans as the best for anyone wanting to avoid stroke and heart disease. The New Diabetes Diet emphasizes what physicians are urging for everyone:
Keep your carbs low
Watch your weight and blood pressure – which means avoid saturated fat, cholesterol, and…
Soy protein powder has more calcium, iron, protein, and vitamins (including B vitamins) than whole grains and fat-free milk together. (For whole grains we substitute MUCH healthier milled flaxseed, which has more fiber than whole grains, no absorbable carbs, powerful antioxidants...and can also substitute for Not-so-“healthy” margarine and butter in baking.)
There is new emphasis on the plant-based diet, including high-protein plants unburdened with the cholesterol and saturated fat of animal-derived protein. High-protein plants include beans – red, kidney, pinto, and, of course, soy.
2. We avoid saturated fat, which means no red meat or high-fat animal-source dairy products. We do use chicken & fish, but show you how to get the cholesterol out of them. (Beef, chicken & fish all have the same amount of cholesterol — 70 mg per 4 ounces. What chicken & fish don’t have is saturated fat.)
You won’t find any transfats in our recipes either (they’re still in 42,000 commercial foods.)
3. Salt exists naturally in all foods, so we don’t add it to recipes because of its effect on your blood pressure. Instead we use tangy, aromatic herbs and spices, some of them surprise powerhouse antioxidants! Cinnamon, for example, has 5 times as many antioxidants as ½ cup of blueberries or a cup of pomegranate juice. Oregano is also hugely high in antioxidants. You won’t miss salt!
PROTEIN has triple role (but avoid saturated fat):
- amino acids
- metabolizes more slowly and gives you longer lasting energy
- keeps you feeling full longer
TOP HEALTH INFORMATION
Salmon’s Omega3 acids also found in super healthy milled flaxseed, used in all our baked goodies
Baked yummies so healthy they’re also portable meal replacements
*Flourless* protein tortillas, pancakes, tacos, muffins, blondies, bread, rolls, pizza, cakes & pies!
Why The New Diabetes Diet: Control At Last is healthiest for everyone
1. We substitute pure protein powder for flour, the major source of carbs in food, and make everything from pancakes, bread and rolls to snacks, deserts, or meal replacement brownies, blondies, muffins, tortillas, pizza, pies (healthy crust) & cakes with it. (We also avoid starchy vegetables and sugar, including its many hidden forms.) And did you know that ALL carbs metabolize into sugar?